Open Space Technology is a powerful meeting process used to help organizations and communities self-organize around important strategic questions that are complex, urgent and requiring deep attention.
Used around the world, Open Space is an unusual and powerful meeting method that produces surprising, creative and sustainable results. Harnessing leadership from throughout a system and creating a container for strategic conversation, well facilitated Open Space meetings end in lasting engagement and focused action.
Join Rachel Lyn Rumson for a two-day deep dive into using this method. You will learn:
- How to facilitate an Open Space Technology meeting
- How to work with a client to create and shape an Open Space meeting
- The art of creating a powerful calling question and a good invitation
- How to create action plans and sustain results over time.
- How to strategically work with and sustain results.
- The unique art of facilitating an Open Space meeting, a skill which is useful for leadership and facilitation in many participatory contexts.
The workshop is experiential and partly held in Open Space, giving you a “participant’s eye view” of the process.
Rachel Lyn Rumson is an dynamic speaker and educator, consultant and practitioner of Open Space Technology. She has facilitated Open Space meetings in many different contexts including organizational strategy, public engagement, community development, early childhood education, and learning conferences. She is an activator and arranger of process for both people-systems and ecosystems with Royal River Collaborative. She has practiced with some renowned masters of OST facilitators include Harrison Owen himself and looks forward sharing their wisdom with you.
- Non-profit rate: $325 Early Bird (before April 15th) $475 (after April 15)
- Business rate: $425 Early Bird (before April 15th) $675 (after April 15th)
GST extra, 10% discount for teams of 3 or more.
Tuition includes 2 day training, copy of The Tao of Holding Space book and cards, by Chris Corrigan, materials and coffee breaks.
Registration is now open and will be capped at 40 people.
June 9-11 2014
Have questions about Open Space Technology Two-day Facilitator Training? Contact Royal River Collaborative.